WORKING FOR A SAFER AURANGABAD
"Using Mobile while driving is an Offence Stepping up the fight against crime."
Aurangabad city Crime Branch is meant for prevention and detection of crime, specialized ones in particular, committed in the city. One Police Inspector is in charge of this branch, assisted by one Asstt.Police Inspector and three Police sub Inspector. The Crime Branch is responsible for co-coordinating with other State Police/ Central Agencies in serious and sensational Crimes. It collects criminal intelligence and welcomes all useful inputs. You can be a law abiding citizen by being a law enforcing citizen ANNONIMITY ASSURED. Inform the Police regarding crime, accident or any offence on dedicated lines 2240542 or Police Control Room at 2240500, 100. You can also be an active member of the Neighbourhood Watch Committee or Mohlla Panchayat or Mohalla Committee and assist Community Policing.
|Shri. Rajender Singh, Commissioner of Police||2240501||2240591|
|Dr. Jay V. Jadhav, Dy. Commr of Police (H.Q. - Addl.)||2240503|
|Shri. Avinash Aghav, Asstt. Commr of Police (Crime - Addl.)||2240506|
|Shri. Avinash Laxminarayan Aaghav, P.Inspector,
Shri. Shivaji Avadhootrao Thakare, P.Inspector
WORK DISTRUBATION :-
Team No 1 - Cyber Crime
Team No 2
Team No 3
|Team No 4|
|Team No 5|
|ECONOMIC OFFENCE WING|
|CP OFFICE COMPUTER WING :-|
|PRESS ROOM :-|
1. Perused the records of the criminals and checking of the criminals with special drive.
2. Combing operation over the locality of criminals and yielding criminal intelligence.
3. Nakabandi and sealing the entry and escape points of the city.
4. Mobile patrolling i.e. chariey two wheelers commando (30 in number) patrolling equipped with weapon and wireless sets.
5. Sensitisation of public awareness through Mohalla Committee and public participation in curbing the crime by meetings and public contacts, press and print media. Exchange of criminal information with adjoining police units.
1. Do not allow people like carpenter, plumber, milkman, T.V. mechanics, Dhobi, etc. to enter into your house unless you verify their credentials properly. Avoid leading any personal items to these people. If you have to get any job done, inform the neighbor or any known person and keep a watch constantly on the person doing the job.2. Whenever you are going out of station, inform your neighbours about it. Informl them where you are going, giving them your address and telephone numbers and also inform them as to when you will return.
3. Keep a record of all visitors and also the number of their vehicles by watchman.
4. In public places women should keep their ornaments covered to prevent incidents like chain snatching never show or give any of your ornaments to any strangers in public places.
5. Fix an alarm system so if detect forcefult entry into the shop.
6. For security reasons, it is advisable to appoint a person who sleeps in the shop at night.
7. While appointing servants in the shop keep a record of their name, address, and photograph. If possible pay a visit to their houses to know about their relatives also.
8. After withdrawing money from the bank do not carry it in your hand. Avoid stopping anywhere unnecessary and also do not travel on lonely roads.
9. Inform the police, in case you come across criminals who tell you they can double your money.
10. Be careful from those people, who throw some money near the car and lefts bags/laptops and suitcases from the car.
The main duty of the police is to Prevent and Detect Crime and maintenance of Law and Order.
Prevention is better than Cure so goes and old saying of wisdown Crime is usually compartmentalized as crime against Body and against Property.
Crime against body would usually include abusive language and threat to life and dire consequences (Sec 405,506 IPC) simple injury and threat, simple injury by sharp cutting weapon (Sec.324 IPC) grievous injury including fracture, loss of limb etc. (Sec.325 IPC) grievous injury by blunt substance, administration of poison etc. (Sec.328 IPC), attempt of murder (Sec.302 IPC), homicide not amounting to murder (Sec.299 IPC) and murder (Sec.302 IPC) Expect for the offences committed under section 504,506 & 323 IPC, all other offenses under the remaining sections of law are cognizable.
Difference between a cognizable and a non cognizable offence is that, in a non-cognizable offence the Police cannot arrest a person without orders of the court i.e. without a court warrant and can investigate into the case only on the expressed directions of the court to that effect. Therefore the experience is that in a non-cognizable offence the Police Station officer records the complaint as a non-cognizable offence commonly referred as a N.C. and advise the complaint or victim to approach the court for further directions. In a cognizable offence the police can take cognizable of the offense on its own i.e. it need not wait for the court orders as the law envisages that in such offence permission of the court to the police to investigate the crime is implicit. Some of these offence are Bailable i.e. after arrest the accused can apply for bail to the police station officer and under normal circumstances the police should grant bail after obtaining proper sureties.In a Non-Bailable offence which is of a more serious nature, the police has to produce the accused before the nearest Judical Magistrate to obtain police custody remand.Whenever an accused is produced before the court in a non-bailable offence, the court decides in its wisdom for the issue of granting bail or remanding the accused to ether police custody or Magisterial custody.
Similarly offences against property are thefts from open public spaces ( Sec.379 IPC) theft from the house etc.(Sec.380 IPC)
The philosophy of Cognizable & Non-Cognizable and Bailable & Non-bailable offences is the same in the offence against Property as well as all other offences.
Schedule it of the Criminal Procedure Code provides a ready beckoner in this regard.
To a theif there is nothing more welcomed than a car. It’s a self propelled fully equipped speedy machine ready for a fast getaway.
The owner or an authorized driver of a car should not leave the vehicle unattended without locking the ignition or removing the key. A supranational number of automobiles are stolen because drivers fail to remove the ignition key.
• Park in a well lit area.
• Rollup the windows & lock all the doors.
• Activate any theft deterrent device that you may have.
• Put packages or valuables out of sight.
• Always carry license, registration documents, car title papers etc. in car. If left behind in the car they become an added incentive for thieves to sell your car.
• If you have a garage, please use it. Lock both car as well as your garage.Purse Snatch:-
• Do not carry a bag that makes you a target. A big bag that dangles from the shoulder can be easily yanked off from behind.
• If you, unfortunately so become a victim of a purse snatch do not fight to hold onto your bag. Especially when the thief is armed.
• Do not carry your bag in such a manmer that you can’t let go of instantly. Many women have been injured because their own bags have acted as hand cuffs while a purse snatcher yanked it away.
• Do be aware of your surroundings and carry your bad close to your body preferable tucked under your elbow.
• Do minimize the amount of money and credit cards that your carry with you on daily basis. Divide your money between pockets and bags.While you are driving:-
• Keep windows rolled up except for a small ventitation space and keep your doors locked.
• If someone attempts to force you off the road. Don’t panic. Blow your horn constantly to attract attention. If you are forced over, then as soon as you stop the car put it in reverse and back away while continuously blowing the horn and moving away as much as possible.
• If you suspect that someone is following you attempt a few turns/detours down busy streets if possible.
• Try to park your car in a well lit area. This is not only good from the standpoint of discouraging a personal attack on you but also for reducing the chance of auto-theft.
• Before getting into your car please peep inside to make sure that nobody in the back seat.
In order to secure your car devices may be installed to prevent theft of the car or any of its parts or contents. Antitheft devices are surely going to deter/frighten the inexperienced thief.
• Ignition Cut-off :- A keep operated or hidden manual switch that interrupts the power supply from the battery to the ignition.
• Fuel out off :- Integrated into the fuel line. This device prevents the flow of gasoline once the fuel in the gasoling is used. Only a special key deactivates the cut-off.
• Ignition column Gaurd :- This security device can provide protection to the ignition starting system. The device fits around the steerings column and the ignition starting system.
• Auto-theft steering Wheel Lock :- Locks as well as prevents steening wheel from turning Its high visibility defers theft.
Proper maintenance of your vehicle will prevent routine breakdowns thereby avoiding vulnerable situations.Check the following items on a routine basis :-
• Tyre wear and pressure.
• Oil and brake fluid levels.
• Battery fluid.
• Radiator water level the following items should be in your vehicle at all times for emergency situations.
• Jack/Spare tire.
• Battery jumper cables and procedure for boosting.
• Auto insurance card.
• First and kit and blanket.
Aurangabad Police Department would like to make your visit to our exciting city as pleasant and as safe as possible. You can further help us by following these simple tips while touring in Aurangabad.
• Carry a wallet in an inside jacket or side trouser pocket never in the rear pocket.
• Carry pocket-books in the bend of your elbow held closely to your body.
• Keep pocketbooks on your lap while dining out.
• Leave valuables and important documents such as jewellry and passport, secured in your hotel’s safe deposit.
• Be wary of unexpected persons coming to your hotel room. Never open the door to unsolicited room service or maintenance people.
• If your have scheduled a meeting with a potential client, research the company and the individual with whom you are meeting.
• Make sure that luggage is given only to members of the hotels bell staff and a receipt is obtained for the stored luggage.